Sunday, January 23, 2011

I made a mistake last week.

I'm allergic to pepper. Not just chilies but even pepper corn and paprika. I think cumin and coriander are similar but they don't make me as miserable as simple black pepper.

My husband made himself a plate of microwaved potatoes with butter, cheese and pepper Wednesday night. I just had to have his left overs, so I ate the potato he didn't eat with pepper on it. My life went down hill after that. I woke up itching like crazy and my chest hurt like I had taken a punch to the sternum. I knew heart wise I was just fine, my tongue was not swollen, I was just miserable from being folded in on myself trying to scratch. Is this making anyone else feel like scratching? Luckily my husband stayed home from work to "take a snow day" with the boys. I took a benedryl and stayed in bed all day. This was my mistake on Thursday.

Friday, I managed to keep my post benedryl fidgeting under control, handled the boys and the baby reasonably well and managed to sleep but my skin was still itchy and I had this feeling. Something I ate did not quite agree with me. I again took a benedryl. The medication has an anti-vomiting property in it which is great when I know that being sick like that would just make me more miserable. Vomiting causes my teeth to ache on a migraine scale.

Saturday, I once again had the fidgets and my benedryl hangover. I managed to deal with each in turn. The boys and I managed to keep from screaming at each other all day. I turned my fidgets into baking until the enticing smells caused the boys' brains to melt then I had a melt down of herculean proportions. Finally, I just had to keep fidgeting last night. I managed to get all the Christmas decorations taken down and put away although my husband didn't really feel up to doing anything but watching movies. I played into that by assigning him the task of sitting under the baby while watching said movies. I think I nearly drove him nuts. He couldn't just get up and wander around... he had to keep the baby out of my way. Poor guy, his life is just so tough.

Clearing out the Christmas stuff always leads to sneezing fits for him but I just didn't care. Bringing it out leads to the same sneezing fits for us all and by gum, I was tired to looking at it all. All this Christmas stuff was delaying my ability to celebrate the festival of birthdays which started on the Jan 6th this year. My grand daughter turned 1.

I can't tell you how light the living room feels with all the Christmas stuff gone. I am probably just reacting to the endorphins of being active. I was really silly last night and exchanged all the votive cups in my candle sticks for black tapers. Yes Black... I'm in mourning of my youth. I will be 40 in just a few more days. So I plan on burning those black candles just for pure silliness. That's me.

Part of my fidgets yesterday is the yearly, tax time hype. I have to wait on two 10-99 tax papers to come in and I need to apply for the baby's social security number before we can actually file our taxes but I'm getting fired up to spend all that money. Planning to see where I can squeeze this or that dime out for this little trinket or promised item. Budgeting truck repairs and debt pay downs in with get away plans. I go through this every year.

Meanwhile physically, I was caught in huge pain cycle which left me almost too pain filled to rest again last night and once again needing a Benedryl to keep the bile from rising. I am so hung over right now just breathing and typing are very loud activities. I wouldn't be out of bed if my hunger and my fidgeting weren't winning the battle over my ears and brain. Listening to a book about a blogger also contributed to my need to write. I am going to commit myself to getting out of my head for a few minutes a day everyday in this way because I need the outlet.

I pray everyone outside of my head finds comfort today.

Debby

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home