Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Garden goodies

I spent the day putting up tomatoes. I'm not adventurous to try to can them so I'm freezing them. The birds were vicious until we put out stakes with cd's swinging from them. Wish the birds were more interested in the Okra. We have tons. I have a "cake taker" sized bowl full of sliced okra in the fridge right now. Eddie brought in 2 eggplants a few weeks ago and 2 small acorn squash the week before last. He brought in 3 nice sized spaghetti squash last week and 4 cantaloupes today. I discovered that I can freeze all that stuff. We need a freezer now. Meanwhile, I only buy enough meat for 2 weeks and the extra stuff helps the freezer stay cooler and the whole unit work more efficiently. Eddie is so pleased with his "Grandpa" sized garden that he'd be out there now if it weren't so stinking hot. Next year we're going for corn too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home