Friday, September 08, 2006

The Poor Staff at AVE

G-man was a terror the first two weeks of school. He hit, kicked and spit just about everyone he could. He disrupted everything he could and I was believing he was going to need to be restrained like Hannibal Lector. I took him out of school on Thursday to see someone but he didn't make it in time so we saw them on Friday then got into see a doctor about medication on Tuesday, not warranted at this time and we put a plan together to have him more supported on Wednesday. He seems to be doing better.

Okay yesterday he actually got on the bus that commutes to his old school instead of staying at the elementary school. That was both scary and an "awe" inducing moment. He probably felt that Kindergarten was too hard so he would go back to the 4 year old program where he was more supported. I don't know cause once he had been back at his new school he hit a little girl.

I love that kid but if the next 12.75 years are like the last 1.25 I'm going to need some really strong medications. He's so smart that I knew he needed the advanced efforts of a school like this but he doesn't seem to be mature enough to handle his own intelligence. I hope things get better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home