Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dial up discrimination

Last year when I moved to Tulsa, SBC offered me 6 months free DSL. I was already a dsl customer but I was moving into a new "market" so I said sure, I was only going to be in the house for 6 months anyway and it was more expensive than what we had been paying so the savings was going to be helpfull. In the midst of learning that Ed's Ex Jonna had stopped paying on her part of the back taxes again, or she stopped filing income tax altogether, looking for a house to buy at the end of my 6 month lease and increasing G-man's weekly appointments for speech therapy. I didn't notice that SBC didn't bill me for the dsl service they only added back in the credit which in essence paid my "phone bill" for the month. By the time I noticed the problem they wanted $500 for services rendered.

After we bought the house we were forced to find telephone service from a competetor because we couldn't pay the other bill. Leaving me with dial up.

So I signed up for Gold Rush this week and my dial up can't upload the videos or flash player thingy-ma-bobs for me to participate. I also signed up for the message boards for my favorite soap operas. As it stands today, won't let me do anything but read and I can only see a rock wall at Gold Rush. ::Whine::

So I checked out getting a job last week. To be able to afford Cable internet or pay off my DSL bill I need to earn $15.00 an hour. After a car payment, insurance to cover the new car, daycare, after school care, insurance for at least the boys, and taxes I would have just enough to cover the cost of basic internet services. Phew, I guess I'll just have to deal with dial up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home